epoch to date and time.

From: Ertl, John (John.Ertl AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 14:45:45 MDT

    All,

            I am using a python wrapper for NCL called PyNCL. This basically
    creates the NCL code and then executes it in one long string. This has been
    working great up to now but I need to do some work on my labels. Because of
    some issues with my wrapper I cannot pass ,"insert", the labels that I want
    into the NCL script. I seam to only be able pass numbers in.

    I want to label a timeline with the hour and date. Is there a way to create
    labels inside NCL using an epoch at tau zero and a list of all forecast
    times? I can do this in Python but cant get it to NCL. I searched but could
    not find much on time and dates.

    Thanks,

    John C. Ertl
    Fleet Numerical Meteorology & Oceanography Center
    7 Grace Hopper Ave
    Monterey, CA 93943
    phone: (831) 656-5704
    fax: (831) 656-4363