interpolation from hybrid to pressure

From: Chun-Ji Kim (cjkim AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 08:30:00 MDT

Hi,

I will a regional climate model using A1 scenario which is a simulated
result from CSM 1.2 from July 1987 over Asia. On pre-process, a problem
happened. To transform 3-D variable such as U, V, T, RH and GH into
pressure coordinate, the interpolation from GCM coordinate (hybrid
coordinate) to RCM coordinate (pressure coordinate) should be handled in
a pre-process to make a initial condition as well as boundary condition.
I used a vinth2p internal function in NCL program as vertical
interpolation method. It is provided to use a CSM history file. In
particular, the interpolated problem is much intensified over Tibet
Plateau.

I attached figures which were results before convert to pressure and
after convert to pressure.

For example,

Pnew =
(/1000.,925.,850.,700.,600.,500.,400.,300.,250.,200.,150.,100.,70./)
P0mb=1000.
Tnew = vinth2p(T,hyam,hybm,pnew,PS,2,P0mb,1,True)

Please point out my mistakes.

Best regards,

Chun-Ji Kim