Re: status of python modules

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 22:31:22 MDT

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was just wondering about the status of the python module development.
    > I am aware of pyncl, but that module requires many other packages to be
    > installed (most of which are useful in their own right). I noticed that
    > all of the links on the new website, referring to python, are dead. Is
    > pyncl still the state of the art for marrying these two useful tools???
    >
    > By the way, I applaud that effort. I'm relatively new to python, but
    > I'vefound it well worth the effort to learn esp. when coupled with ncl
    > graphics.
    >
    > Best,
    > Derrick
    >
    > --
    > Derrick Snowden
    > PhOD/AOML/NOAA Office: 305.361.4322
    > 4301 Rickenbacker Causeway Fax: 305.361.4392
    > Miami, FL 33149 Derrick.Snowden AT noaa.gov

    Hi Derrick and others,

    We have been quietly alpha testing our new Python module (called
    PyNGL, pronounced "pingle") with a few select users. If you or anybody
    else would like to be an alpha tester, please send me a separate
    email.

    We have complete documentation with several examples, and have helped
    a couple of users who were using PyNCL convert their code to PyNGL.

    I should point out that if you are heavily dependent on the gsn_csm
    styles of the graphics routines, then PyNGL is not quite there yet.