Re: status of python modules

From: Jeff Whitaker (jswhit AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 09:48:19 MDT

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Derrick Snowden wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I've been searching far and wide for a trimmed down cdat. Or, more
> specifically cdms alone. For some reason, the cdat list and developers
> are not receptive to the idea just yet. They prefer to minimize the
> need for users to maintain multiple packages. I can see both sides but
> personally I prefer each package to be individually installed. If you
> could send me the package I would very much appreciate it... I've been
> in discussions with a few developers at the British Atmospheric Data
> Center who have been desiring this also. Would you have problems if I
> forwarded your package to them?

Derrick:

I've made a trimmed-down CDAT tarball that just includes the
cdms-related modules and pyncl. You can grab it from the pyncl web page
(http://wwww.cdc.noaa.gov/people/jeffrey.s.whitaker/python/pyncl.html) or
directly from
http://wwww.cdc.noaa.gov/people/jeffrey.s.whitaker/python/cdat-4.0b2-pyncl.tar.gz.

I still think it's a good idea to install all of CDAT if you want to do
any serious work with it - it's not that hard and there are a lot of
goodies there.

-Jeff

P.S. you might have to wait 15 minutes for so before downloading for our
mirror to synch ...

  --
Jeffrey S. Whitaker Phone : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist FAX : (303)497-6449