no ticks with logaritmic gsn_csm_xy

From: Heiko Klein (Heiko.Klein AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 06:57:45 MDT

    I'm using gsn_csm_xy for scatterplots as in the example
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/Scripts/xy_4.ncl .

    As long as I use it with normal axes, it's working extremely well, but
    when I switch to
          res@xyXStyle = "log"
          res@xyYStyle = "log"

    Then I get a maximum of two major ticks per axes and when I'm unlucky
    with the points on the plots, I don't get any major ticks at all. Is
    there any possibility to get automatically some more major tick with
    numbers? (3-5 major ticks as on usual plot?)

    I'm currently using version 4.2.0.a030 on Redhat Linux.

    Best regards,

    Heiko