pdf

From: Keith Oleson (oleson AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 12:47:22 MDT

I have an ncl script from which I'm generating multiple postscript files.
I'm using gsn_open_wks within a loop of index "ar" like:

wks = gsn_open_wks(plot_type,wkdir+"set3_radf_"+ps_id(ar))

This works fine. However when I change plot_type from "ps" to "pdf" I get
the following error:

warning:GKS:GOPWK: -- Only one PDF workstation can be open at a time
fatal:Workstation with PID#105 is not open
 ERROR 3 IN NGSETI - value for WO must reference an open workstation.
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
 ERROR 1 IN NGSETI - Uncleared prior error
fatal:Unable to open Workstation-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4

I get this error on the second loop.

Do I have to do something special to generate multiple pdf files from within
a single ncl script?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Oleson oleson AT ucar.edu
Terrestrial Sciences Section Work Phone: 303-497-1332
Climate and Global Dynamics Division Fax: 303-497-1695
National Center for Atmospheric Research Express mail: NCAR
P.O. Box 3000 1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO 80307 Boulder, CO 80305