Re: Lonitude tick mark spacing +

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 14:30:27 MDT

    > bob,
    > if you do want to use ncl's default tickmarks, then you have to us
    > tmXBTickSpacingF etc. note there is one resource per axis.
    >
    > sylvia

    A correction here: NCL's default map tickmarks are somewhat limited,
    and thus the tmXXTickSpacingF resources will not work. This is one of
    those things that has been on our enhancements list.

    In order to have more control over your tickmarks, you need to use the
    old-style GSUN ones (i.e., *don't* set pmTickMarkDisplayMode to
    "Always").

    If there's something particular that you like about the newer-style
    map tickmarks, let me know via a personal email, and I'll see what I
    can do about implementing this feature under the old-style until we
    get more functionality in the newer-style.

    Cheers,

    --Mary Haley