About stream function and velocity potential

From: Xuguang Sun (sunxg007 AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 03:29:36 MDT

Hi,
 I have calculated the stream function and velocity
potential with the NCL function uv2sfvpf(), but when I
try to understand the results, I'm puzzled because the
divergence corresponds to positive velocity potential
and positive corresponds to negative stream function.

Here, I want to know that whether the above results
are rational or not. And furthermore, whether the
formulas for stream function(psi) and velocity
potential(phi) are u=-@psi/@y-@phi/@x and
v=@psi/@x-@phi/@y respectively or not.

SUN

=====
SUN Xuguang
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
22 Hankou Road, Nanjing University, 210093
Nanjing, P.R.China

150万曲MP3疯狂搜,您闯入音乐殿堂
http://music.yisou.com/
美女明星应有尽有,搜遍美图、艳图和酷图