Re: Fedora Core 2 and zonal averages (unrelated)

From: Derrick Snowden (Derrick.Snowden AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 10:22:10 MDT

    Hi Rick,

    Thanks for keeping me up to date. I've looked over some the different linux
    distributions out there, and while each have there own advantages, I'm not
    really at liberty to move on my own. I'm stuck with Red Hat for the
    forseeable future, although I may move away from Fedora and toward the RH
    Enterprise solutions. I kind of like Fedora though...

    Anyway, I've had a similar problem with FC2 and some software
    incompatibilities with a colleague in Hawaii. It's not NCL related. We
    started to explore giving him an account on my machine so he could
    troubleshoot on his own rather than doing it through email. Since I'm at a
    govt lab, the security constraints are a little troublesome so we let the
    idea go away. If you think having an acct on my machine would be helpful,
    I'd be willing to do the paperwork. What do you think?

    I'd hate to lose out on having ncl as a tool, but truthfully, I see myself
    using PyNGL more than the ncl command line as that matures.

    Let me know...
    Best,
    Derrick

    --