ncl binaries

From: Derrick Snowden (Derrick.Snowden AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 07:58:20 MDT

Hi Mary et al,

It's been a little while since I've used NCL regularly. I've seen a few
messages on the Fedora Core 2 issue and was wondering what the status is with
the fix? I also wanted to download the latest version of NCL with DODS
support even if the FC2 issue isn't fixed. I have access to an FC1 system
and I know the old NCL version I had worked on FC1. Last, any updates to
PyNGL will be appreciated too.

Regarding PyNGL, I haven't tested it extensively, but is it safe to say that
every low level object in NCL is also present in PyNGL? I know the gsn_*
interfaces are not available, but presumably I could create gsn* style plots
if I understood how the gsn_* functions were built from low level objects. I
don't want to reproduce the whole gsn library just a few select plots and I'm
trying to figure out if it's worth pursuing.

Thanks very much,
Derrick

--
Derrick Snowden