Re: memory allocation error

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 08:11:51 MDT

    What is the memory (or memory + accessible swap space)
    of the machine you are using?

    let N=4 for type float and N=8 for type double:

         2*N*800*26*64*128 = number of bytes for both arrays

    I speculate that you are exceeding the physical memory available.

    If you are using NCAR's data processing machines (ie, tempest/dave)
    you should have 64/32GB of *shared* memory so this might not
    be an issue.