Re: ncl

From: Rick Grubin (grubin AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 08:29:54 MDT

    Hello,

    > I want to install ncl in my redhat linux-9 running pc with portlant
    > Group fortran compilar. Can I use prebuild binary
    > ncl-4.2.0.a031.LINUX_RH9.x_PC.tar.gz
    > for my machine? It is for gnu compilar. If not how can I install ncl
    > in my computer with portlant Group fortran compilar?
    > Prosenjit Chatterjee
    > Jadavpur University
    > India

    NCL is built in such a way that not having any GNU compilers on your system
    should not be an issue. Please download and install the binary distribution
    for RH9 Linux PCs and follow the installation instructions at:
        http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/installncl.html

    Let me know of any questions/problems.

    -Rick.

    --
    Rick Grubin                     Visualization + Enabling Technologies
    Scientific Computing Division   National Center for Atmospheric Research