Re: question on NCL function cz2ccm

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 09:17:46 MDT

    > Dear Friends,
    >
    > I am a little bit confused on the usage of cz2ccm function in NCL, it's
    > stated as
    >
    > function cz2ccm(
    > ps : numeric,
    > phis : numeric,
    > tv : numeric,
    > p0 : numeric,
    > hyam : numeric,
    > hybm : numeric,
    > hyai : numeric,
    > hybi : numeric
    > )
    >
    > and hyam, hybm, hyai, hybi: input, hybrid coordinate coefficients for base
    > pressure (layer midpoints; ground to top), and there's no description for
    > other variables.
    >
    > I am wondering what's the direction of "tv" should like to be, as it also
    > has a direction in the vertical level. For the output "HGT", there also is
    > a direction concern.
    > Thanks a lot for your help!
    > -Jianping

    Dear Jianping,

    The documentation for all the variables should be there. Are you
    accessing the documentation from:

      http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ref/ncl/functions/cz2ccm.html

    >From there, you will see that "tv" is documented as follows:

      tv
        input, virtual temperature. The rightmost three dimensions must
        correspond to klev, nlat, and mlon.

    Hopefully somebody else can answer your questions about the direction
    concern for the output. I'm not an expert in this area!