Re: a better way to remove rhs height title on

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 14:18:05 MDT

    > I have an update on this issue.
    >
    > Adam Phillips suggested using assigning plot(index) to a dummy variable:
    >
    > dummy = plot(index)
    >
    > and then applying the methodology below. I tried this and found that it
    > works *in general* but not in my more complicated case where I am overlaying
    > one plot (contour lines) on top of another (contour fill).
    >
    > This method removes the first right hand title but not the second. Does anyone
    > have suggestions regarding how I might peel both rhs titles off the plot?
    >
    > If not, I guess there is always white out...
    >
    > Bob

    Bob,

    There currently isn't an easier way to remove it. If this is something
    you think you want to do on a regular basis, you can edit
    $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl (or, you can make a
    copy of this file and load this file instead of the original one) and
    search for the procedure "set_pres_hgt_axes." Inside this function,
    set "add_hgt" to False on the line where it is currently being set to
    True. This will cause the "Height" label not to get printed.

    I will try to think of a way to make it easy for the user to turn
    this off, probably via a special resource.