mm52ncdf plot

From: Benjamin Lamptey (lamptey AT essc.psu.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 09:42:06 MST

Hello,
The examples on the following website which illustrates how to plot
data with 2D lat/lon does not have an example on plotting a subset

 http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/popscal.shtml

  I tried
    res@mpMinLatF = minlat
      res@mpMaxLatF = maxlat
        res@mpMinLonF = minlon
          res@mpMaxLonF = maxlon

where minlat=min(lat2d),maxlat=max(lat2d),minlon=min(lon2d),
maxlon=max(lon2d) are defined. But did not get a satisfactory plot
(plot is too large to attach). But basically, not the whole region was
covered.

I do not want to use something like
 res@mpLimitMode = "Corners" ; choose range of map
 res@mpLeftCornerLatF = lat2d(0,0)
 res@mpLeftCornerLonF = lon2d(0,0)
 res@mpRightCornerLatF = lat2d(nlon-1,nlat-1)
 res@mpRightCornerLonF = lon2d(nlon-1,nlat-1)

 used for making plots of Lambert Confromal projection that I used when
 I read my data from a binary file because the purpose of converting
 the binary data files to netcdf will be defeated.

 The reason why I am converting the binary files to netcdf is because I
 shall have to use one NCL script to make a panel plot of data from
 different files; one file is netcdf, the 2nd file has Lambert Conformal
Project (binary file) and the third file has Mercator projection (binary).

I shall appreciate any ideas.

 I also want to avoid having to set different plotting resources for the
 different datasets if possible. If not, then that will be my last resort
 in which case I do not need to convert my binary files into netcdf,
 correct?

 Thanks
 Ben

--

Benjamin L. Lamptey Phone: (814) 865-9911 (office) Pennstate (EMS Environment Institute) (814) 237-8193 (home) 2217 Earth-Engineering Sciences Bldg Fax : (814) 865-3191 University Park, PA 16802 WWW:http://www.essc.psu.edu/~lamptey