ctrans

From: Cory Wolff (cwolff AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 18:12:29 MST

    I am creating an ncgm file that contains 6 separate plots on the same
    page. Each of these plots has it's own color map. The ncgm file looks
    fine, all of the colors are how they are supposed to be. However, when I
    use ctrans to convert it into sun format I get the following error:

    ctrans: WARNING - Error processing CGM element(class=4, id=9, name="Cell
    Array") [ Background color changes ignored after drawing has begun ]

    The colors on the sun image are all messed up. It appears that each plot
    has been given the color map of the last plot drawn. Does anyone have an
    idea as to how to fix this?

    I would prefer to keep producing images in ncgm format because ctrans
    (when it works) allows me to change the image resolution easily. I have
    found that creating the image as a ps and using convert works fine, but I
    cannot increase the image size. I have tried:

    convert -size 1200x1200 image.ps image.jpg

    But that does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can
    also send some example plots to any interested parties. Thank you.

    Cory