Re: vector coloured by a scalar map

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 20:34:53 MST

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have made a vector plots, where the vectors are coloured by the wind speed
    > scalar map. I was wondering how to set the limits of the labelbar so that
    > for different vector plots the colour of one vector is always representative
    > of the same wind speed.
    >
    > Best regards, Marjolaine.

    Marjolaine,

    If I understand your question correctly, then what you want to do is
    either set the two resources:

        res@vcLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
        res@vcLevels = (/...,...,.../)

    where "(/...,...,.../)" is some list of levels, like:

      res@vcLevels = (/-20,0,20,40,60,80,100/)

    or you can set the four resources:

        res@vcLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"
        res@vcMinLevelValF = some minimum value
        res@vcMaxLevelValF = some maximum value
        res@vcLevelSpacingF = some spacing value

    where you need to fill in the values for the last three resources.

    If you use either set of these resources for all of your plots, then
    they will all have the same vector levels, and hence the same colors
    in the labelbar.