Problem of Y-axis of contour plots

From: S. Yi (yis2 AT univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 10:19:22 MST

Hello,

 I ploted three plots in one panel.

 First one is contour of measured soil temperature
  Depths of measurement are 2, 5, 10 , 50, 100 cm

 Second is contour of modelled soil temperature
  Depths of model nodes are 0.7, 2.8, 6.2, 11.9, 21, 37, 62, 103 cm

 Third is X-Y plot for predicted front depth.

 Contour plots use Log axis for Y-axis automatically, although I use
  resourse@trYLog = False

  Since I cannot plot all three figures using linear Y axis, I try to
plot all three using log axis, and use following resources
   resourse@tmYLValues=(/0,20, 40, 60, 80/)
   resourse@tmYLLabels=(/0,20, 40, 60, 80/)

  However, the distances in the Y-axis between 0 and 20 for three
figures are all different from each other.
It is hard to compare them.

  My questions are:

  First, how to force the contour figure to use linear axis.

  Second, how to make all three y-axis have the same scale.

  Thanks a lot

Yi, Shuhua
School of Geography and Geology
McMaster University