Re: Does anyone has experience to view MODIS satelliate HDF products?

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 09:17:33 MST

    >Does anyone has experience to view MODIS satelliate HDF products?
    >Where can I find useful NCL examples processing MODIS HDF file?

    There are numerous MODIS products in HDF format.

    One WWW example is:
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/eosdis.shtml
    see example 5: This example actually unpacks bits.
    Other files do not need this type of detail.

    NCL can access data in HDF [Scientific Data Set (SDS)]
    and HDF-EOS format.

    Hopefully, within the year NCL will read HDF5 format.

    Regards