Re: pattern raster?

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 12:15:35 MST

    >Hello. Does NCL have a way to make a raster plot using b&w / grey patterns?
    >I would like to make a biome category map with each biome shown as a
    >different shade/hatch/dotted pattern. It needs to be raster (filled
    >grid cells)
    >since it's biome data.

    Yes. http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/coltable.html

    has 3 built-in gray scale color maps and, of course, you can define
    your own gray-scale color map.

    --

    see: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/eosdis.shtml

    Note that example 5 uses color but you can do the same with gray scale. --- http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/coneff.shtml see example 10. You can set cnRasterModesOn=Trye to gete rasterizing. --- Let us know if this is not what you mean.