Convert ECMWF 60 levels Hybrid model levels to pressure levels

From: Jui-Lin Li (Jui-Lin.Li-122115 AT jpl.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 02:41:19 MST

Hello,

I have ECMWF model level data set and would like to convert it to pressure level. I am trying to use vinth2p function. I know this function is for CCSM coordinate with p = AP+ BP(i,j)

May I ask can I use this function to convert ECMWF coordinate?

What I am trying is to use function vinth2p with EC's A and B but set p0mb = 1, rather than 1000mb, and pp is the surface (hPa) to convert a EC variable "temp" from its hybrid coordinate to pressure level as followed:

 vinth2p (temp, hyam, hybm, lev_p, pp(0,:,:), intyp, p0mb, 1, False )

So far, I still cannot get it done.

Would anyone give me a suggestion? Can I use vinth2p for this purpose? Is there any function for this purpose?

Thanks

Frank