Using tdez3d to plot 3D isosurfaces

From: qgeng (qgeng AT eos.ubc.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 15:42:45 MST

Dear all:

I am using NCL tdez3d (....) to plot 3D isosurfaces of cloud liquid water.
I met the following problems:
(1) I do not know how to remove the wire-frames on the isosurfaces. For
publication figures, I do not want
     to have wire frames on the cloud plots.
(2) Is there a way that I can plot several pannels of tdez3d plots on
one frame?
    I tried gsn_panel(...) but I do not know how to transform the
output of tdez3d into
    a plot object that I can put into gsn_panel.
    I used
     plot(0)=tdez3d(...)
     plot(1)=tdez3d(...)
    but an error occurred when I excute the ncl script.

It will be greatly appreciated if you could answer my questions.

Best regards,

Dr. Quanzhen Geng
Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences
University of British Columbia