using WRAPIT on OS X

From: Todd Ringler (todd AT atmos.colostate.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 16:48:29 MST

I am using Mac OS X (10.3.8).

I am trying to duplicate the cquad example shown in the MIni-Language
Manual (v1.0, page 32). I substitute f90 for g77 in WRAPIT. It produces
the quad90.so file with no indication of errors, but NCL (v 4.2.0.a032)
will not open it. The error I get is appended. I have checked the
manual, web, and archive to make sure I am not missing something
obvious (but I probably did miss the obvious). Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

couloir: /Users/todd/bergd5/forcing > ncl < test.ncl ! (test.ncl
opens QUPR as external)
  Copyright (C) 1995-2004 - All Rights Reserved
  NCAR Command Language Version 4.2.0.a032
  The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
  See http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/ for more details.
warning:An error occurred loading the external file ./quad90.so, file
not loaded
dlcompat: dyld: ncl Undefined symbols:
___A_FWF
_cquad_
_prntq_

fatal:syntax error: line 10 before or near :
  QUPR:
-----^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 11 before or near :
  QUPR:
-----^