Re: the trouble with lots of data...

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 08:51:12 MDT

    >> (0) Reading combined data file movies/combined/aquaplanet.nc
    >> (0) ntimes=13 nlev=40 nxy=31104
    >> (0) Writing file Q.ncgm
    >> warning:ContourPlotSetValues: cnLevelSpacingF value causes level count
    >> to exceed maximum: using AUTOMATICLEVELS mode
    >> fatal:ContourPlotDraw: Workspace reallocation would exceed maximum
    >> size 16777216
    >> fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
    >>

    >Is there a way to increase the maximum size?

    [1] http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnMaxLevelCount

    [2] There are a couple of methods to increase the work space.
        http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/ws.shtml
               see: wsMaximumSize

        I recommend setting this resource 'permanently' to a large value.
        The way to do this is to set the resource in the .hluresfile.

        Put the .hluresfile in your home directory of the machine you
        are using to run NCL.

    good luck