ncgm2gif

From: James Adler (jadler AT mail.ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 11:17:23 MDT

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with creating
gif animations from a ncgm file.

I created a 241 frame ncgm file using ncl. When I loop
through the frames it is kind of slow and choppy, so I was
hoping to convert it to a gif file. I downloaded the
script ncgm2gif and tried to use that. It seemed to work
except that I get the following error:

     Converting your NCGM(s) to GIF...
convert: Not a SUN raster image (KineticEnergy.sun).
convert: Missing an image file name.

241 times.

It then says that the conversion was successful and even
creates a gif file. But it happens to be empty.

I'm not sure if I'm missing some program that the
conversion needs or if there is another problem.

Also, if there is a way to make the ncgm animation more
fluid I would be interested in that as well.

Thanks for your help,
James