lat/lon contours

From: James Adler (jadler AT ucar.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 10:45:31 MDT

Hi,

I'm trying to make a contour plot of various data on a
lat/lon grid. My x-axis is a set of equally spaced
longitude points going from 0 to 357.1875 and my latitude
points are on a gaussian grid ranging from -87.86 to
87.86.

I would like the x and y tick marks to be in the form
90N-90S and 180W to 180E but I can't seem to find the
appropriate way to do that. Also, it seems when I make the
plot my y ranges from top to bottom as -90 to +90 and my x
ranges from left to right as 360 to 0. I'm not sure why
this is doing that.

Thanks for your help,
James