Re: plotting data inside a state boundary

From: David Ian Brown (dbrown AT ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 17:02:34 MDT

Hi Mike,

Assuming you are drawing a filled map (res@mpFillOn = True),
then you can avoid filling California by setting the
array resource

res@mpFillAreaSpecifiers = (/ "us-california" /) ;
mpDataBaseVersion set to "LowRes"

or

res@mpFillAreaSpecifiers = (/ "california" /) ; mpDataBaseVersion
set to "MediumRes"

Masking is not supported if mpDataBaseVersion is set to "HighRes".

Depending on how you draw the data, you may need to set the resource

res@mpFillDrawOrder = "PostDraw"

in order for the map fill colors to cover the data you want to hide.

  -dave