passing a string through WRAPIT

From: Micah David Sklut (micahs AT udel.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 20:58:07 MDT

Hi,

I'd like to pass a string variable, which is an initial time attribute
from a grib file to a fortran subroutine.
However I'm getting a type mismatch error from passing the string to a
character fortran variable. I'm not sure quite sure the issue...

I define the var time as:
time = u@initial_time

Then I pass it to the subroutine along with some other vars:
WIND::globalwind(u,v,tdiff,time)

Here's the subroutine declarations:

SUBROUTINE globalwind(u,v,tdiff,time)
         IMPLICIT NONE
         REAL, DIMENSION(181,360),INTENT(IN)::u,v,tdiff
         CHARACTER, INTENT(IN)::time*19

I took a look at the stringtochar function, but wasn't successful with
using that. If you would like to take a look at my ncl code, stub file,
and subroutine they can be found at: http://copland.udel.edu/~micahs/
global_wind.ncl
wind.f90
wind.stub

Thank for your help!

Micah Sklut micahs@udel.edu
Geography Department - University of Delaware