dimension reordering with WRAPIT

From: Micah David Sklut (micahs AT udel.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 21:43:27 MDT

I am fairly confused on the dimension reording that takes place with
arrays in NCL and when they are passed through WRAPIT.

I have an array u(428,614), and when I pass it to a fortran program
through WRAPIT i have to declare the array as (614,428) in order for it to
pass through without an error. So, to me it seems like the dimensions
become switched when the array is passed to the fortran program.

However, my objective is to access individual elements of the array, and
a print(u(428,614) gives me -8.46 while in ncl, and u(614,428) gives a
different value in the fortran program. So, I haven't been able to figure
out what is going on.

I would greatly appreciate some clarification on how the dimensions are
interpreted as they go from ncl to fortran.

I have attached my ncl, stub, and f90 file. Also, if you would like to
use my data file, it can be found along with the other 3 files at
http://udel.edu/~micahs

As always, thanks for your help!

Micah Sklut micahs@udel.edu
Geography Department - University of Delaware