Re: stream function problem

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 10:08:45 MDT

    >I can get stream function use "uv2sfvpf"
    >But if the data with missing value does any solution to calculate?

    I think the question is:

       Is there a function that will calculate the stream function
       if the u and v data have missing values (_FillValue)?

    The answer is "no".

    However, you could develop your own.

      [1] Use uv2vr_cfd tp calculate the vorticity
          http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/uv2vr_cfd.shtml

      [2] The vorticity is the Laplacian of the streamfunction.

      [3] The stream function can be derived by the
          method of relaxation.

    good luck