Re: Specifying a map region longitude

From: Adam Phillips (asphilli AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 09:02:01 MDT

Hi Cathy,

Whenever you want to plot a subset of longitudes and you are getting
seemingly strange results, you likely need to set the resource
mpCenterLonF, which will tell ncl where you want the center longitude of
the plot to be. Usually, mpCenterLonF is set to the halfway point
between mpMinLonF and mpMaxLonF:

res@mpCenterLonF = (res@mpMinLonF+res@mpMaxLonF)/2.

You do not need to exactly specify the longitudes in
gsn_csm_vecotr_scalar_map_ce... If after adding mpCenterLonF something
still doesn't look right let us know.
Adam