RE:[ncl-talk] converting ncgm file to jpg

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT cgd.ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 13:40:12 MDT

As noted below "convert" is tool
used convert from one image format to another.

Unfortunately, "convert" does not recognize the
ncgm [NCAR Graphics Metafile] format.

You can readily convert from ncgm to gif via
a freely available filter ["ncgm2gif"] that may
already be on your system [ "which ncgm2gif" may
be used to see if it is locally available].

If you have "ncgm2gif", then you could do the following

    ncgm2gif foo.ncgm foo.gif
    convert foo.gif foo.jpg

The following link describes in detail several
approaches to converting ncgm files. It also
has links to the assorted filters.

    http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ng4.4/faq.html#ConvertGif
-----

-----