Re: problems with cell fill

From: David Ian Brown (dbrown AT ucar.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 11:51:22 MDT

Hi Todd,

Without seeing your script, I am not sure what your application is. But
one possible problem is
that you may be trying to use the CellFill method for a grid type for
which it is not yet implemented.

If your data is on a non-rectangular grid such as your geodesic grid,
CellFill will not work.
Even though the example sets the 'trGridType' to TriangularMesh, it
does note that it is a bit of a cheat
in this case. It only works because the grid is topologically
rectangular.

Hopefully, it will be possible to get a cell fill method for
non-rectangular grids implemented before too long.
It's definitely doable for grids that are specified via their cell
boundaries, like the geodesic grids.

If, on the other hand, you actually do have a topologically rectangular
grid, it should work. If you want
to send me your script along with some sample data, I'd be happy to
take a look.
  -dave