Re: different % explained vars using eofcov and eofunc

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT ucar.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 08:06:32 MDT

    > When performing eof analysis usinf eofcov and eofunc, I got different
    > explained variances. I calculated the explained variances mannualy (pcvar =
    > 100*var(pc)/var(x)) and the resuls are the same as those obtained by eofcov.
    >
    > I know some users reported inconcistencies between the results of these two
    > functions. Is this one of them?

    Yes.

    The results from eofcov are correct.

    We have a new version of eofunc that will be released with version a033.
    This release will be in November, 2005.

    Can you please tell us the operating system you are using?
    Do a "uname -a"

    Possibly we could provide you with an updated pre-release version.

    Regards,
    Dennis Shea