Re: problem with text strings

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:57:52 -0700 (MST)

Mike,

I want to emphasize something that Adam touched on here, and that is
that the "tx* resources only apply when you've actually created a
separate text object (via gsn_text, gsn_text_ndc, or gsn_add_text, or,
if you don't use gsn functions, then via creating a TextItem object).
The tx* resources are not meant to be used in conjunction with another
plot, like a contour or XY plot. To be honest, I believe setting
"txString" with the gsn_xxxx functions is considered undefined
behavior, and without getting into the code, I can't be certain of
what it's doing. I am surprised to hear that it is actually
overwriting your gsnXXXString resources, because the two should be
mutually exclusive.

Do you have the full script and data that you could provide me with,
so I can try running it myself?

Thanks,

--Mary