problem of setting tickmark in gsn_attach_plots

From: S. Yi <yis2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:30:15 -0500

Hello,

  I have four plots ,e.g. plotTopL, plotTopR, plotBotL, and plotBotR,
and want to put them in a 2 X 2 layout.

; for top row
tbs = True;
tas = True
newplot1 = gsn_attach_plots(plotTopL, plotTopR, tbs, tas)

; for bot row
bbs = True;
bas2 = True
newplot2 = gsn_attach_plots(plotBotL, plotBotR, tbs, tas)

; combine them together
bs = True
as = True
bs_at_gsnAttachPlotsXAxis = True
newplot = gsn_attach_plots(plotTopL, plotBotL, bs, as)

draw(plotTopL)
frame(wks)

--------------------------------
However, there are tickmarks and labels for XB axis of plotTopR, and
tickmarks for XT axis of plotBotR. I can turn off the labels, but
cannot turn off the tickmarks. (There is no tickmark on XB axis of
plotTopL and XT axis of plotBotL)

My question is how to turn the tickmarks off, so that plots look
consistent.

Thanks.

Yi, Shuhua
School of Geography and Earth Sciences