interpolate data from observation stations to regular grid box

From: Liangying Zhang <lzhang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:48:42 -0700

Dear all,

I would like to interpolate some data from observation stations to
regular grid box(2x2) and then plot it as contour lines. I found a
function called "cssgrid" to do interpolation. But for those grid boxes
which have no data nearby, I rather have missing value other than doing
interpolation (It gave me very unreasonable data). Is there any way to
put distance restriction for interpolation? Or NCL provides other
functions which can do this?

Attached is a plot with polymarkers on observation stations.

Thanks a lot!
Liz

--
Liangying Zhang