Re: warning:ScalarFieldSetValues: irregular coordinate array.

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:49:52 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Yi Wang wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I have this kind problem again. The data comes in at 2.5x2.5 grid level.
> Lon. goes from 0 to 357.5. I reorder the Lon. to be from -177.5 to 180. Then,
> I process it and want to plot the Africa region (-30 to 60 in Lon.). I use
> res@gsnAddCyclic = False. The following error message comes out:
>
> " warning:ScalarFieldSetValues: irregular coordinate array sfXArray
> non-monotonic: defaulting sfXArray"
>
> Thank you in advance.

Dear Yi Wang,

I'm not sure how you tried reordering your longitude values, but we
have nice function called "lonFlip" for doing this. This function will
reorder both your longitude coordinate array and the data
appropriately.

If your data is 2-dimensinal and the rightmost dimension is the
longitude dimension, then this function could be useful for
you. Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/lonFlip.shtml

for more information. You will need to load the contributed.ncl script
to have access to this function:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

--Mary