gsn_add_polygon question

From: <rravia_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:27:18 -0500

hi,
I have an unusuall question...

I have a file of x and y coordinates of a contour (on irregular grid).
I managed to fill the contour with "gsn_add_polygon"

.
.
.
xy = gsn_xy(wks,x,y,res)
.
.
.
dum = gsn_add_polygon(wks, xy, x, y, gsres)
.
.
.
draw(xy)

My question is, what is exactly xy after I call gsn_add_contour ? Is it
an array of x and y coordinates of all the points inside the contour?
If it is, I assume that the contour is somehow interpolated on a
regular grid and then there is an algorithm to fill the points inside
the contour. If so, what is the resolution of the grid? Can I controll
it?

If I'm completely wrong, is there a way in NCL to get such an array
(array of x and y coordinates of all the points inside the contour)?

Thanks,
Roni