RE: [ncl-talk] Is there a function that can find and return the lat and long of a specified value?

From: Alex Gardner <alexg_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 16:13:41 -0600

Thank you Adam and Mike,

First to Mike's suggestion of using minind. I want to find the min value in
an array and return the lat and long... minind only works for
one-dimensional array.

Second to Adam's help with using local_min. Local_min seams to be able to
find the absolute minimum, at least near the poles. The function "min" is
able to find the value of the absolute minimum but is unable to return lat
and long position like local_min is able.

Any ideas?

Alex