trailing blank page on pdf plot and rasterfill smoothing

From: James McPhee <jmcphee_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:54:59 -0700

Hi All,
I'm creating a panel plot on a "pdf" workstation. When I view the file,
there's a blank page after the figure. Any idea why is this happening?

Also, I'm using cnFillMode="RasterFill", but on my pdf file the raster
image appears "smoothed" at each cell's edge. This doesn't happen if
previewing the image in a X11 workstation. I'll be grateful if anyone
can provide a hint on how to deal with these issues...

James