Increase longitude extent for Hovmoeller plot

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:16:57 -0600

Hello. I am using gsm_csm_hov to make Hovmoeller diagrams. When I want
to plot only a portion of the longitude range in the data, I simply use
coordinate subscripting, and the subset is correctly plotted in the full
width of the diagram:

   plot = gsn_csm_hov (wks, dat(:, {lon1:lon2}), res)

However, I would like to to the opposite, in a sense. I want the
longitude range of my diagram to be *greater* than the available data,
so that there are blank "all missing" areas to the right and left of the
range of data. The purpose is matching scales between plots of diverse
data sets.

What is the best way to do this? Resources mpMinLonF and mpMaxLonF do
not seem to be available for gsn_csm_hov.

Thank you for any advice.

--Dave A.
CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center
NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, Physical Sciences Division