Re: Increase longitude extent for Hovmoeller plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:05:31 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Dave,

Whenever you have coordinate arrays attached to your data, NCL goes
into an "irregular" mode. This means that it assumes you have
irregularly spaced values in your coordinate arrays (even if your
values are indeed regularly-spaced). Thus, it will not let you
automatically extend your axes in order to include white space,
because it doesn't want to try to extrapolate values from an array
that it thinks is irregular.

It sounds like you have already figured out what you need to do, and
that is to create a second, larger array, and then construct the new
longitude array yourself, with two extra values added. However,
this is not needed if your longitude array is indeed regularly spaced.

We recently had a similar question like this, so please see my answer
at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2006/0600.html

In particular, see the discussion that is part of "2)", which will apply
if your longitude axis is regularly spaced.

Otherwise, see the discussion that is part of "3)".

Good luck,

--Mary