Re: Help from you

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:51:56 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Alex,

This error message is telling you that it can't find the RANGS/GSHHS
map database. This is a database that you need to download separately
from NCL if you need to generate high-resolution map coastlines (by setting
the res_at_mpDataBaseVersion resource to "HighRes").

If you need high resolution coastlines (we do not recommend doing
this for global maps), then please see the URL:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/rangs.shtml

on where to get the RANGS/GSHHS files and where to put them.

If you don't need high-res coastlines, then I suggest changing the
"res_at_mpDataBaseVersion" value to "MediumRes" or "LowRes" (which is the
default, and hence doesn't need to be set).

--Mary