Tapered truncation in g2gsh, etc.

From: Joe Barsugli <joseph.barsugli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:00:21 -0600

I would like to use g2gsh and f2gsh to regrid data while reducing the
spatial resolution to T15 resolution. I would like to use the tapered
truncation in spherical harmonic space (twave <0), as this reduces
spectral ripples. However, I cannot find any documentation as to what
the taper is. Does anyone know? Is it the Sardeshmukh and Hoskins taper
that is used in exp_tapersh. If so, what exponent is used?

Thanks,

Joe Barsugli
University of Colorado