Re: Missing values in netcdf

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:30:44 -0600 (MDT)

> Is there any command that can count the number of missing values in the
>netcdf files, or we need to to convert netcdf to ascii and count it.
> Any help and suggections would be appreciated.

There is nothing that will count the number of missing
values in a "file".

It is easy to count the number of missing [_FillValue]
associated with a variable. Take a look at the
examples for "num"

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/num.shtml

  f = addfile ("...", "r")
  vNames = getfilevarnames (f)
  nVar = dimsizes( vNames )

  nMsgFile = 0

  do nv=0,nVar-1 ; loop over all file variables
     x = f->$vNames(nv)$
     nMsgFile = nMsgFile + num(ismissing(x))
     delete(x)
  end do