problems with loading .ncl files

From: Kathrin Riemann <kathrin.riemann_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:56:33 +0200

Dear ncl-talk team,

I'm trying to use NCL Version 4.2.0.a013 to regrid ERA40 datasets.
Unfortunately, NCL is unable to load any of the .ncl files as being
suggested in the examples. I have attached some of the error messages shown
after typing:
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
I have checked the path, it is correct.
Any help would be appreciated.

Yours,
Kathrin Riemann

error messages:

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 11086 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl before or near \n

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 11089 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl before or near \n

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:syntax error: line 11163 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl before or near \n