Running NCL batch job in Bluevista?

From: Jax (Guangxia) Cao <guangxia_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 01:10:41 -1000 (HST)

Hi,

I need to process a large amount of CCSM files for simple statistical
analysis and graph later on. At this stage, I thought
of NCL, owing to its simplicity in handling netcdf files. After some days
of file movement I realized that it may be better for me to process CCSM
files
in NCAR Bluevista/Bluesky instead of transfering them back to Hawaii
where I work. However
since the total size of files is quite big (>50 Gb), I have a number of
questions in mind:
1) running my NCL script would take quite some time, therefore is it
possible to run
NCL in a parallel mode or submit it as a batch job?
2) if so, could you please share your batch job script or if possible
point to the sample job script format used by SCD?
3) Do you ever use NCL to directly access files in MSS, and if so could
you please share your scripts?
4) If there is other better alternative, please kindly Bsuggest.

Thank you very much for your time.

Jax Cao