Error messages: source code line is blank

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:32:51 -0600

I have a general problem with the NCL interpreter. When I have a syntax
error in my script, a fairly informative error message is printed. The
message seems to attempt to show the offending line of source code, a
common feature in modern compilers. However, the printed line is blank.

Is there a fix for this? A typical session and my uname are shown
below. Thank you.

--Dave Allured
CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center
NOAA Earth Systems Research Laboratory, Physical Sciences Division

36> ncl startave.ncl
Copyright (C) 1995-2006 - All Rights Reserved
NCAR Command Language Version 4.2.0.a033
The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
(0) Load ncl scripts
(0) Load complete
fatal:syntax error: line 105 in file startave.ncl before or near \n

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed

37> uname -a
Darwin test909.noaa.gov 8.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.7.0: Fri May 26
15:20:53 PDT 2006; root:xnu-792.6.76.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
powerpc