Re: how to convert wrfout in aasci format

From: So-Young Ha <syha_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:50:45 -0600

Anil,
You don't need to extract all those information in ascii format. NCL can
read/calculate those info directly from wrf output.
For storm track, you can get sea level pressure ("slvl") using
"wrf_user_mass.ncl", then find a minimum value using ncl functions.
I have a script for reading wrf output and making a plot for storm tracks.
If you are interested in it, please contact me personally.

Dennis,
Local_min is new to me.
I used ndtooned, min, and minind (consecutively) to get the indeces for
the min value in 2-D array last year.
Is local_min doing the same job as them? We need to find the global
minima in the whole domain, and the name 'local"_min worries me. Just
curious.

So-Young